Indiana Epsilon alumni and undergraduates frequently share stories of their most cherished fraternal memories, many of which include their experiences while living in either the Wolf Den or 801 Mound Street. A facility has played an important role in the success of the Chapter and our members’ collegiate years. It is our chapter house that augments the basic fraternal experience and facilitates an environment for competitive recruitment and a place where camaraderie flourishes. However, and even more importantly, our chapter home allows today’s collegians access to the best technology, equipment, tools and resources for studying, healthy living and long-term scholastic success.
In order to secure our future and propel Indiana Epsilon forward, the House Corporation embarked on a $2,750,000 capital campaign in 2019 to build a new chapter facility. We undertook this historic project to ensure our chapter was equipped with a competitive, safe and modern living facility to meet the social and academic needs of the 21st century student.
This opportunity arose at a time when there is a great need for educated, ethical leaders – men of conscience and action who are prepared to take their places in society as citizens, professionals, husbands and fathers. With this new modern home, Indiana Epsilons from all generations will have the opportunity to share in the bonds of brotherhood at Valpo for years to come.
New Chapter House Highlights
- Premier campus location
- 12,367 sq ft of living space
- Dedicated gathering spaces for social and scholastic activities including group and individual study areas
- Outdoor entertaining areas including covered front porch
- Commercial kitchen which includes a buffet-style serving area and night kitchen
- Exterior recreation areas and equipment storage including bike storage
- Central dining room with seating for brothers and guests
- Various study/bedroom configurations with capacity to sleep 39
- First floor laundry and kitchenette
- Large second floor bathroom complete with individual showers and private lockers
- Energy-saving, green innovation to minimize operational costs and maintenance
- Parking lot for members, alumni and guests
Read the brochure to learn more about the campaign and the vision for Indiana Epsilon’s future.